Saturday, August 25, 2007

Broken Dreams


Walking thru my memories, Reliving all the pain.
Viewing the destruction of all the endless days.
Lost in the agony with nothing left to gain.
I feel my heartbeat fading, there's nothing left to say.
Pieces of my broken dreams, lying on the floor.
Resentment slowly building, darkening the light.
Drowning in my sorrow, I can't take it anymore.
Feeling faith desert me, extinguishing my life.
Then I feel you wrap around me, whispering in the dark.
Telling me to not give up, reaching deep within my heart.
Searching for the pieces, of my broken dreams.
Asking of me, to just let it go.
Confusion clouds my mind, gripping me with fear.
I collapse into myself, the pain within me grows.
I hide myself away, from the comfort that I hear.
How can I relinquish, all I've ever known.
Could it be so simple, just to let it drift away.
Hopelessness has ruled me, for so very long.
Is it God, or is it Death? I know I've lost my way.
Does it really matter? As long as it is gone.
Again I feel you wrap around me, whispering in the dark.
Telling me to not give up, reaching deep within my heart.
Searching for the pieces, of my broken dreams.
Asking of me, to just let it go.
The fantasy is over, the wonder's gone away.
Disillusion has set in, Reality calls my name.
The perfect love I felt inside, slowly fades to gray.
Leaving me to suffer, the pain of broken dreams.
You wrap yourself around me, shelter in the dark.
Telling me to not give up, I'm giving you my heart.
Giving you the pieces, of my broken dreams.
Trusting in your love, to help me let it go.

12 comments:

S@n August 26, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

i like it even thou is so sad:D

chardonnay August 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM  

This was a healing poem for me.

I have come a long way since then....

thewynd September 5, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

And I probably should NOT have read this one.

Looking for Penguin Conspiracy to snap me out of it....

chardonnay September 5, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

Which means it touched you deeply....don't worry Gayle....
in time, things will get better.

May not seem like it now..but they will.

When I wrote this one, I didn't think they would, but things have gotten better for me.....

S.B. September 5, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

again, very dark.

a wasteland poem. in the desert without even the hope of rain.

extremely good. I love these!

chardonnay September 5, 2007 at 5:00 PM  

I love your comments!!! I cannot say it enough!!!

Thank you!!!!

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

Oh my! Completely heartfelt, very intense, and thoroughly magnificent! I felt every single beautiful word! THANK-YOU dear Chardonnay for sharing these beautiful poems with us! :wub: :)

chardonnay February 15, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

Thank you Zayury!!

I am so glad you enjoyed my poetry!!! Thabnk youfor taking the time to come and read them!!!

Anonymous January 13, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Wonderful!! Really heartfelt. So apt in the strange world we live in were broken promises and dreams haunt our lives so.

Candy77172@yahoo.com

Unknown March 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

this poem helped me when I was so down ypu have touched me so profoundly thank you

chardonnay March 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

You are so very welcome Wes.

I am glad I was able to have helped you.
Come back and read any of my poems and etc. anytime.

sophisticated316 September 25, 2016 at 6:49 PM  

It is awesome

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP