Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Point


I have been told that the world needs to hear my thoughts....
but when I write them down- they don't get read.
So, I try to speak them out loud- but no one listens.
And when you ask for my opinion, and I share.....
you nod your head, as if agreeing. Then walk away...
leaving me in your dust.
And I wonder...what is the point?
I have been told that I am a great person.....
and I would really be worth getting to know.......
but only to a point.
What point is that.....and why?
I hesitate to meet new people and open up to them anymore....
not because I don't want to......
but because when I do.......they forget about the real me,
and only want one thing........
or they leave......
and I have reached my point.
And when my life finally ends......and I face God
for what ever He decides....all I want is to know.....
What is the point? Because obviously.....I've missed it

5 comments:

S.B. September 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM  

I hope that whatever dark land you were struggling to cross when you wrote these...well, I hope you found some light, or will.

Consistently gorgeous poetry. And terrifying. Beautiful work.

chardonnay September 5, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

I have. At a place called Sim Tales....with another stop before that to pick up friends along the way....

Thank you!!!

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

My dear Chardonnay, you have an amazing ability to put in beautiful words all that is going inside your heart and mind! AWESOME! :bravo: :wub:

chardonnay February 15, 2008 at 3:37 AM  

Thank you Zaruyry!!

I love your comments!!

I try so hard. Sometimes I think that expressing ourselves is our only salvation.

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

Well written article.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP