Saturday, August 25, 2007

What Friendship Isn't


What Friendship Isn't
I like to try to make you smile,
and diminish all your fears.
but when it comes to how I feel,
most of you disappear.
The shoulder I provide for you,
has never had a price.
But when I need to talk,
you all act so surprised.
Other people have problems too,
and need someone to lean on.
But when I reach that moment,
I find that all of you are gone.
The only thing I can conclude,
is that you just don't care.
And the indifference that I found,
I find I cannot bear.

6 comments:

S.B. September 5, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

Now this comes from a dark place. Beautiful, and dark and painful without being extremely bitter.

chardonnay September 5, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

oh no...the bitterness was there....most definitely there.

But poetry is the way I purge all of this from my soul.....before it devours me....

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

My friend, I had read this before but I did not get a chance to comment!

This was very deep and oh so true!
I have been there too! :)

chardonnay February 15, 2008 at 3:39 AM  

Thanks Zayury!

Sometimes, some words just need to be said...

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

So true.. I know how you feel :(

chardonnay October 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Thank you Kid Kid Liquorice, for reading my poem. Sad that you know what I mean, but I am glad you found your way here.

I hope you return to read some of my others.

And I love your name. LOL!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP